Tuesday 15 April 2014

Sunshine days


What a start to the Easter holidays! We were teased earlier on with glimpses of sun, but this week has been a real treat. The warmth has been much appreciated by everyone, and means we can finally start digging out summer clothes rather than automatically looking for something waterproof. 

Some of you may recognise this view of Gyllyngvase beach in Falmouth, it made the front page of The Times a few weeks ago with a cool photo of a paddleboarder. I'm not sure how to share the photo but you can find it on WeSUP's Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/supschool/timeline?filter=2




This is the popular Gylly Beach Cafe, it has great views overlooking the beach and I think if you half close your eyes you could almost imagine you were somewhere like Sydney!




Paddle boarding has really taken off down here in Cornwall, and is a great way to explore the hidden coves and intricacies of the coastline. It's a sport that complements surfing, so that when the conditions are too calm for waves you can still get out on the water. I hear it's great for building up good tummy muscles and core body strength. It also looks much easier than surfing, which is good if you're a complete beginner like me. I think it's so much easier to exercise if you can find something that you enjoy doing, don't you?

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures with the sun shining so brightly it does look like Sydney! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful photos - nicer than Sydney if you ask me. Paddle boarding sounds like a great idea. I know what you mean about finding exercise that's enjoyable, I really can't get excited about running at all! Thanks for visiting my blog, I've enjoyed finding yours, you live in such a beautiful spot. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for popping over and visiting CJ, I find I learn so much from bloggers about their part of the country and it's always the behind the scenes pictures and stories that I really enjoy.

    ReplyDelete